The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday...6 January 2011

As promised last night I spent the day cooking up a storm. Vanilla slice, Lemon slice, Apricot slice. This may keep the grandchildrens worms happy for at least two days. I have strongly recommended that they try to make it last, whilst I would be unhappy if they did  not eat my offerings I will be equally unhappy if they scoff the lot in five minutes flat.
All the male members of the household reported for work again today leaving me home alone to chat to the two dogs and one cat, and a few million grasshoppers. Couple more weeks the Victorian harvest will be finished too but how on earth they ever managed to bring a crop to the silos without himself to help in previous years is beyond him!! He helped with the NSW harvest and is now helping with the Vic one too. Just as well he is retired, he surely couldn't fit all this helping around a full time job.

1 comment:

  1. Don't loose those recipes, you may need to bring them with you!! Sound fabulous! Long time since any real baking was done here - even your famous sponge has not been made for years :( Maybe should get off my proverbial and make some (although that would just make the proverbial spread even further and that would not be a good thing) :)

    ReplyDelete