The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday...21 January 2011

So today we all got up nice and early and set off on a mystery road trip.
We went to Robe in SA then onto Mt Gambier where we are staying overnight tonight.
Robe is a pretty little seaside town south east of Adelaide. They have a fishing fleet and lots of holiday makers. Very busy little town. Bit windy but still pretty. We went to Long Beach which reminded me of Cable beach with the clean sand and the water is green and clean. Was my first time to actually drive along a beach, not that we went very far but seems everyone just drives along the actual beach to get where they want to be on the beach. I walked into the water so can say I have paddled in SA water! The boys had a grand time swimming in the breakers.
Lunch was fish and chips sitting at tables outside the fish shop in the main street. Yummy!
After that we drove on to Mt Gambier via a little place called Beachport.
I could live there. Less people, less facilities but the same pretty beaches and green clean ocean. I believe it is the Southern Ocean. Beachport reminds me of Busselton 20 years ago, so I predict the same growth. Eventually people will notice it.
Mt Gambier is famous for its Blue Lake which we plan to see tomorrow before setting off towards home (Horsham) via Portland.
Bonus day for Matt. Two lighthouses. One in Robe and one in Beachport. Wonder if I will find one in Portland????
Went out to dinner tonight at a Fasta Pasta place. Food was wonderful, very filling.  Was a very popular place, noisy and happy.

Robe Lighthouse


Beachport Lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment