The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday...29 January 2011

Big day. Got up at a reasonable time, thought I was home alone, having heard various vehicles leave the property. Began some beading repairs as promised to child of the moment, mid way through the same child appeared to say she was home and going to accommpany the men of the house to Warnambool to watch the Australia Sprint Car Championships. What to do? Stay home alone chatting to to the puppy dogs? No she had a better idea, why not have mummy borrow the second car, an automatic ford falcon and go visit aunty????
Sooooooo guess where I am my happy followers?
Four hour drive and I am buggered as I have not driven anywhere for nearly twelve months, but here I am merrily sipping wine at auntys place. No doubt tomorrow will come all too soon and be accommpanied by a thumping headache but still it is nice to be here. We had a cuppa when I arrived, and a chat and eventually a glass or two of wine,  then we went to the local hosgti  pub, friendly lot, got lots of hello hugs from old friends from way way back.......
Dinner was going to be chicken steaks but ended up being fish and chips from the local take away. We are now watching videos of the grand old opry from forever ago. Memory lane people, this is the music I know ALL the words to!!!
Tomorrow is catch up day, maybe morning tea with the brother around the corner, and afternoon tea with the niece from down the road a bit and lots of chatting and cups of tea.
Monday could be a quick visit to Benalla to see the 'olds'. Anyone there who has the time should call me and maybe we can do lunch.......I am very good at doing lunch, I have been practicing.....
Then it will be back to Horsham on Tuesday, Kim needs her car back for work on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment