The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday....15 June

So, it rained...it rained all day! It rained all night, the wind blew all night and my little bed felt like a bucking bull ride, this van really rocks!!!! As most of you know I have damaged one of my inner ears, rocking in the wind does not do a lot for me or my balance, ended up in bed holding a round white bag item I relocated from Royal Perth Hospital the one time I got to sample their skills. All the nurses reading this should recognise the description. Was a most unhappy little camper. Mercifully bag remained empty. My moans and groans were accompanied by the thunderous pounding of the sea on the rocks, incredible to be able to hear it this far away. As it rained all day again today, the lads made do with admiring and discussing the merits of the new welder that came in the mail today. Much looking hopefully to the sky for a break in the weather to allow them to try it out on the newly constructed carport capable of holding large 4x4 and fairly large 23ft van. Maybe tomorrow lads, but by the sound of the pounding waves I would not hold my breath. The girls waved a few dusters around the house then continued with beading 101.
Seems I am guilty of telling part of a story and not giving the ending. The visiting caravan that sheared a wheel off last week has been duly fixed by our two resident mechanics at minimal expense to the owner who has duly shown his appreciation! Our lads saved him the cost of the having a car carrier (?caravan carrier) come out from Geraldton, 150kms away to take the van in for repair and of course the two to three week wait to get it back. They were even able to repair other bits broken by the wheel as it came adrift and they did all that on the nature strip in front of this house,the next day. So that couple will be back on the road later this week as was their plan without missing a beat, very lucky people as a sheared wheel was capable of causing a seriously nasty accident as well when it seperated from the caravan.
We are planning a trip into Geraldton before we depart Kalbarri as the lads have been writing a shopping list of things it seems we/they need. Hoping for a nice day as we are all going and it would be nice to do lunch and a spot of shopping at She-Bunnings for the girls. Why should the boys have all the fun!!!!!!!
And come tomorrow even if I have to cut holes in a rubbish bag to make a raincoat I will walk up to the lookout, I am missing my daily dose of sea views and its been raining for two days now. And following a serving of a wickedly good home made cheesecake I need the exercise too........

3 comments: