The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Have been wondering if it is possible to make the daily happenings or non happenings of a couple of greying nomads interesting in some way to the general population. Do I waffle on about habour views, fishing trawlers, possible whale sightings, crashing waves and constant sunshine? Will my endless references to the shining sun win me friends or have people hating me for bragging? Does it really matter if I found myself reminded of a certain SAFV (sleepy assed fishing village) as is occasionally refered to by another member of my immediate family, whilst watching the fishing fleet return to harbour as I slapped at the ever present but thankfully limited supply of sand flies/mosquitos or other members of the biting fraternity??!! These and other soul searching questions will no doubt be answered as the great trek winds its way around our wonderfully magnificently country.
Am amazed at the ability of some of my fellow travellers to appear daily looking as neat and polished as they would back  home in the city. If my clothes are creased and I haven't had a hair appointment in weeks, do I park in the same little patch of nowhere as they do? OMG the ultimate disgrace to be run out of a wayside stop for not meeting grey nomad dress standards.....
How could my children ever hold up their heads again? Would the grandchild who had a birthday today ever speak to us again? Suggestions needed on how to become the trend setter of the trendy nomads set.

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying them - where's the installment for the 3rd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone had a long long day and did not get around to installment on the 3rd....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am hoping the grandchild having birthday on the 3rd enjoyed her day, and will forgive lack of mention in diary.....

    ReplyDelete