The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday...22 May 2011

Happy birthday to my younger brother, Wally.
Today we slept in for a bit, then when we were up and ready we went down to the local Tourist Information Centre to find out what there is to see and do and when it all happens. Seems there really isn't all that much, well there is but we have done the type of tours they are offering. We will wait until we reach Gundy and get more personally organised tours!
Then it was off to the shops (well the ones that were open in a country town on a Sunday!) to buy me some swimwear so that I can go into the thermal pools. Apparently shops stock budgie smugglers all year round but they only stock ladies swimwear during summer and haven't you noticed dear, it's winter right now and way too cold to be wanting swimwear...............
I was able to purchase a lovely pink hat which looks crocheted but is actually made from paper in China. Still it will keep the sun off me and it seems Himself would prefer this hat to the brown leather Akubra type I have been using. It squashes up and crunches nicely to be stuffed under as seat just like the old one too!
Home again, and it was decided that my 'bathers' would consist of a black pair of shorts from Broome and a black camisole from Noni 'B!
In I went, floated around beautifully, nothing like the water to make one feel a little less heavy, that is until ones bottom persists in floating to the surface no matter how I hold the rest of me!!! Yes I know it also had something to do with trapped air in the pockets of the shorts but.............
Still it surely was the nicest bath I have ever taken and it will not take much talking to get me back into that water again tomorrow.
And I believe we may be doing lunch with our new friends from the caravan beside us which is also a fifth wheeler at the fairly large pub just over the road from the caravan park.
See you all tomorrow....hic.....taxi.......

No comments:

Post a Comment