The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday...16 May 2011

My foster fathers birthday today....he is now 84...AND I missed calling him! Well maybe he will forgive me when I call tomorrow and explain that I was in hospital. When we were in Canberra I was complaining to everyone that my back was in permanent lock up cramp. Jolly painful.
We left Canberra and travelled to Forbes for one night then next day travelled onto Condobolin. Had a phone call from one of the foster brothers who wanted to know where I was, seems he had just passed us out there on the road going in opposite directions. Definately small world people.
Got to Condo and my levels of pain were not pleasant but I continued with the planned agenda, dinner at the local RSL club to see the favourite aunt and uncle again, and a couple of other relatives. Even got lucky as the entertainment was a group we had seen previously and liked. By the time we went home I was in severe pain so went to bed and when I got up in the morning it was way worse so took me down to the local hospital, they diagnosed shingles and tucked me into bed for a few days. Bulk pills later thet had the pain stopped but also had me being violently ill, seems I am intolerant to anything strong enough to stop any serious pain! Having thrown up their hands I was allowed to return to my previous pain levels and discharged. So now I have heaps of pills, none of which are actually going to fix my problem or pain but may let me continue to function whilst still muttering four letter words under my breathe!!!! Shingles take any where from a few days to a few months to work their way though the system, and guess what, they can return........
Another day or two here then hopefully on the road again to take my mind off the constant hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment