The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday...23 May 2011

Up nice and early thanks to Himself who has an internal body clock second to none! I cheated and deliberately did not set an alarm last night, to be up early enough to take my pills, I figured one day of being lazy would not do too much harm to me or my shingles. But no, right in the middle of a perfect dream, tap tap thump!! He of course then rolled over and went right back to sleep.(No I am not going to tell you what the dream was about!)
Spent the morning going through cupboards just rearranging and sorting and restacking, was actually trying to do a proper clean but the weather and company were against me. It rained last night, quite a bucketing apparently, I did hear rain, sort of sat up, said to self, its raining, then went right back to sleep, thus missing one hell of a storm so they all tell me. Very soggy outside this morning  and our awning was squewiff, looked like it had been to the pub!
Talking of pubs, us and the couple in the next van, went to the pub just over the road from the caravan park today for lunch. Just another local pub but the food was OK and the company was very pleasant. Outside the hotel near the kids playground is a PNG Defence Force Dakota DC3. Bit of a talking point and very hard to miss when you have a plane that big parked at the front door. The exciting bit for the men was that they and any other responsible person can enter it and sit in the cockpit etc, every instrument is still in the thing, put a tank full of fuel in her and technically she could take off if she wasnt tied to the pub and rusting with old age.Fascinating.


We all played the pokies for half an hour and then came home as the folk next door had to take their car in for some repair work. After it came back from the repair shop, us girls took it to go shopping at the local supermarket. They are lovely people and they have the most precious little Tri-color Jack Russell dog called Mia. Mia does not bark and she is ultra smart, she can make humans do what ever she wants them to!! Her owners are from Tasmania and are on their way to work in Qld. Who knows one day our paths may cross again and while it will be nice to chat to Chris and Helen the big attractiion of course will be precious little Mia.
We all went down to the thermal pools again tonite, then came home and had home made apple crumble made with apples supplied by my sister and topping made and cooked by me in the turbo oven, cream supplied by Helen. Not quite perfect but the flavour was there.
Yesterday I used my food dehydrator to dry some sliced apples and today I did beef jerky. I am a very popular girl right now.
Tomorrow is moving day.....Gundy I think but lets wait to find out together.............

No comments:

Post a Comment