The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday...28 May 2011

OK people I am angry! I am exceedingly angry. I am beyong describing how angry I am.

We left Goondiwindi this morning, had a simply wonderful drive down the road in the sushine to a little tiny place called Cecil Plains. Now we only stopped here because it was recommended to us way back at Moree by the people in the next caravan with the lovely little Jack Russell terrier..
It is a wonderful little free camp place in the middle of nowhere.
We made camp,  then lunch,  and took our lunch outside to sit in the sunshine. While we were eating out of the bullrushes beside the river,  comes the most adorable ginger cat, all fluff and skin and bone. She (not pregnant) promptly fell over by the look of it in a dead faint. When it recovered, we called it and when she very timidly came to us we fed her some crusts off our lunch. She was starving! This poor cat has not eaten in a long long time. She managed a few crusts then water then a bit of ham. After a while (about an hour) the food must  have given her energy, she killed and ate a finch. Then she came back into our camp and said rightyo you are my new humans I will stay with you..
What in Gods name am I gonna do with a cat???? I am not equipped to travel with an animal of any description!  Have decided to check with the local constabulary to see if any one has lost her while free camping otherwise we need to find a way to take her to the big RSPCA place down near Calondra.
She has the very distinct mark of a collar on her but no actual collar, so wonder if someone lost her or god help us she was dumped!!!! OR she is part of the tragic aftermath of the inland sunami. Maybe she was washed down river in that awful wall of water, rememeber she will not drink out of the runnin g river beside where we are camped!
Tomorrow will be an interesting day, I will NOT leave camp until the problem has been resolved. Right now I am worrying because a truck has pulled in with a very large dog (pig dog ) wandering around and our new friend is under our van sound asleep on one of our chairs. If the pig dog finds her..........
We are camped beside the Condamine river beside a weir with the sound of the water flowing over a weir, lovely noise to go to sleep besdide.Well it would be if I was not so worried about the cat! and I do believe I was told that stress will make my shingles  worse.........



Meantime we had a lovely time in Gundy, our very best thank you to cousin Beth (and Brian) for their help and hospitality, we had a lovely time. PS start being mean to us ........otherwise we will keep coming back!!!
Keith really enjoyed his day out in the cotton fields learning the process that makes millions of dollars a day. He even got to ride in a cotton harvester and he bought me home a whole cotton boll straight off the plant! It looks like a little bundle of cotton wool balls on stick. Most exciting.




From here we head to  Kingaroy to see Peanuts growing,  I can't wait, I used to think that they grew on a tree like walnuts. Now I know they do not but I want to see it for myself. And of course I want to taste test them. 
From there we go to Dickie Beach Caravan Park just down the road from Cindy!!! YES, Whoopee.

1 comment: