The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday...25 June 2011

Did I tell you that the two main activities here in Mackay are mining and sugar cane. They are going to have a particularly good cane crop this year. The stuff around here is at least 8-10 feet tall! Was watching a lady walk her dogs near the crop that is visible from the caravan park and she looked like a little girl as she walked past the crop which was at least twice her height.
Today we went to a shopping centre on the north side of town and after I got my nails repaired, we went around to my neice's place for a quick hello and cuppa. We ended up staying with her for the afternoon and going out to dinner at the local club near her place before finally coming home around 8pm. Just as well we did not go for a long hello!!!
She and her sister both live here in Mackay although her sister is away in Brisbane right now. Bet  she heard I was coming and ran away.........
Their mother in Townsville (my half sister) has had a spot of ill health, but I am told she had surgery and this has helped her immensely.
Tomorrow himself will catch up with the bloke he knows in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment