The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday...22 July

Another perfect day in paradise. Got me my very own portable twin tub washing machine, Is the cutest little machine, all blue and white, everytime I see it I just have to hug it!!! It will pay for itself inside 6mths. The average per load of washing in caravan parks is $4. And I do two or three every time I wash (weekly). We are working out what does or does not work for us and slowly changing or acquiring bits. Rather an intersting phase of the camping trip.
Spent the afternoon wandering around the shops in Chinatown and Johhny Chi Lane, including the many, many Pearl Galleries, did NOT buy any more pearls!! Found the designers most interesting and their work is simpy stunning. My favourtie piece was only $38,000.00. Can I pick em or what?? Checked out the Broome Beads shop but managed only a look, I found their prices a bit steep. Picked up a few packets of everyday beads at Streeters, another famous name in Broome.
Followed that by going out to Cable Beach to Zanders on the Beach and watched the sun set with a glass in hand and had dinner at the same location. Lovely little resturant, perfect food and service..and served with a smile, a most interesting experience for us. Was extemely civilized to sit in the resturant with the french doors opening directly onto the grassed area in front of Cable Beach and watching all sorts of people passing from mums and dads out for the day with the kids to the posers strutting their stuff along the beach front.  Am constantly surprised and occasionally amused by the people and what they do.

2 comments: