The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday...29 December 2014

Zip bags!
Someone told me once that "Ma there ain't nothin you can't put/store in a zip bag". Well you know what? She was right.
I am addicted to zip bags. I go into meltdown if I feel I am running out of them. Last year, Himself bought me a carton of them at Costco, bless his heart. I reach for a bag when I have left overs or when I cut a piece of cheese and need to store the rest of the block. I put salads in them. I put all my bulk meat into freezer bags and then seal them in a zip bag to prevent freezer burn. I use them to take food to other people's places so that I do not have to remember to collect my container. I just transfer it into their container on arrival and that makes it fuss free for me, and I do not even have to do the washing up later, they do! The more I pack into zip bags the more I can fit in my caravan fridge.
On moving day, I make a peanut butter sandwich, in a zip bag. Once we clear what ever town we are leaving and have open road in front of us, I break out the zip bag and we each have half of the sandwich. For Himself it is morning tea, for me it is breakfast and then the used zip bag becomes today's rubbish bag. I put it in the door storage beside me and put all the days rubbish in it and then when we arrive where ever we are going I take it with me when I exit the car and put it in the bin. So easy!
God bless the inventor of zip bags.
Side note: I wish it was me who invented them, cause whoever did should be very very rich. They do say the simplest things are the best ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment