The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday...18 March 2014

The date is ringing bells but I cannot remember why and I do not have my calendar handy. Oh well, I suppose it will come to me eventually.
Still looking after the horses. It has been interesting watching their daily activity. I doubt I would have bothered to take this much notice of them normally, but being responsible for someone else's animals tends to make you look at them more often to make sure they really are alright. All animals are precious of course but these are valuable and some of them are carrying potentially valuable cargo so they warrant special attention. And the dear old dog gets a lot of attention, where we go she follows. Very affectionate.
We are enjoying the country life. We love the views and the quietness and the space around us. I did bring the camera with me to show you the beautiful scenery but sadly I forgot to pack the computer lead, so no pictures until we return to our caravan in a few days time.
The weather has been typically Victorian. Fine and sunny with a chance of showers!! Oh and did I mention cold, really really cold?
We have worn shorts and sleeveless tops in the morning and then been cold enough for jackets and long trousers in the evening with extra blankets on the bed. It has rained hard enough to need a Drizabone to feed the horses and it has blown hard enough to make all the windows of the house rattle and whistle, and sometimes it has all happened on the same day!!!
Even my companion spider, a rather large and hairy huntsman that has been wandering around the room I have set the computer up in and continues to live so long as he keeps to his half of the room, has been finding the weather to be fickle, especially as his hiding spot is inside the split system which I have turned on a couple of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment