The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday...12 April 2011

The flight back from Darwin was way better than the one going up. The nice lass at the Virgin counter in Darwin upgraded us to Premium Economy. And we had all three seats to ourselves, so not only heaps of leg room and nice leather seats but room to stretch as well.  The negative was arriving in Melbourne at 11.45pm. AND it was very very cold. It was down to 7C but after coming out of the warmth in Darwin it felt like -7C.
After we got our baggage we were collected by the nice folk at the undercover car park who took us and others back to our car in a mini bus. Once we collected the car and took only one wrong turn and got back onto the Bendigo road we had a rocking chair ride all the way home. We even got green lights from one side of Bendigo to the other. Mind you this is probably because it was 2.30am!! By the time we got "home" had a cuppa and unpacked enough to be able to  manage, we went to bed around 3.30am.
Yesterday the others returned at lunchtime. Good timing, their new grandson was born at 5.00pm. Tara & Ben have called the new arrival Alex Joseph, he was 7lb 6oz and 20inches long. Two weeks early but everyone is well. Our congratulations to them all.
Today the cats came home from their holiday resort. Lucky things were being housed in an American barn style shed with inside and outside runs, AND a lovely warm pot belly stove all of their own. Spoilt. We freeze and they live in the lap of luxury.  Still they were happy to be home again.
I am hoping that I am just worn out from all the partying and travelling, because if I am not then I am not a well puppy myself. Keiths sisters husband has not been very well this last couple of weeks and we are all thinking he has Ross River but he has yet to have blood tests and go to the doctor to find out what is wrong with him. Today I got up with a splitting head, all thick like an orange that is about to burst, sore throat and I am aching from head to toe and I am exhausted. I have slept most of the day. I think I have spent maybe two hours awake the rest of the time I have been in bed asleep. In a first for me I am not hungry. I havent eaten all day, just drinking a bit of juice and some tea then back to bed. Oh and chuck in the usual shivers and shakes, running hot and cold. But no cough or runny nose.
Anyway I cannot afford to be sick I have too much to do.
My BB has been discharged from the hospital and is now home and leaving cryptic comments on his facebook page about the last words spoken on The Wizard of Oz. This is fantastic news and when I can I will take a trip to Shepparton to visit him. Also got a call last night to say my brother from Benalla is coming back from his job in WA for a couple of weeks, so will need to go to Benalla as well. Am thinking I can maybe kill two birds with one stone and do Shepparton and Benalla in one day. I just need to find out what my BB schedule is for his various therapies and will then work it all out. Oh and get myself feeling better so that I can be sure I am not carrying anything deadly with me when I go visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment