The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday...25 April 2011

Anzac Day.........Lest We Forget

Went to Benalla yesterday. Had a nice long visit with the old folk. They had other visitors so was a noisy day but we managed a bit of chatting.
While I was doing that Himself went 5kms out the road to the Winton Racetrack to see the Easter Nats. Aparently it was not very well organised and was difficult to see the cars doing drags and burnouts as there was very high barriers in place leaving the spectators with only a view of roofs of cars etc, and there was only two food outlets with queues 100mt long.
We were very tired puppies when we got back to base in Bendigo. Two very big days out in a row for us.
Today I was invited to a BBQ lunch at my friend Janes place here in the Bendigo area but had to cancel as I got up this morning with not much of a voice and breathing was on the optional list as well. My brother said I sounded like I should be put down. Jane and I worked together in Paraburdoo and she is on her shift break. Hoping to be well enough to see her tomorrow before they return to the west on Wednesday to go back to work at the mines.
My brother dropped in for a coffee and farewell chat.
We are planning to move again after the Easter/Anzac break.
Himself has been out and about all day doing stuff to prepare for the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment