The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday...10 March 2011

Well we seem to have settled into Bendigo. On Tuesday we went into town and Keith had a haircut and found a jeweller capable of fixing his Tag watch, (just needed a battery apparently!) and we left his broken spectacles at OPSM to be sent away to have the titanium frames welded back together. Apparently sitting on them voids the warranty....lol. Took a walk around the CBD. Wow what a lot of shops.....wonder how long we are staying and if I will have time to see them all.
Yesterday we did a day trip to Shepparton to see my Big Brother who is in rehab following a stroke. BB is looking much better than when I first saw him in the Royal Melbourne not long after the actual stroke. The progress is visible to me, but of course he is finding the recovery and rehabilitation process very very frustrating, as most people who were normally active prior to their strokes do. Saw my sister-in-law and my sister and also my neice who was at the same hospital to have day surgery on a ongoing ankle problem. She is now in plaster and on crutches with instructions of no weight bearing for six weeks....not quite what she was led to beleive was going to be the outcome!!!
Today was a nice quiet day just getting the hang of life in Bendigo. Tomorrow I am hoping for fine weather to do the washing and have it out of the way before the long weekend.
There is a large CFA competition in Bendigo over the long weekend and I am looking forward to catching up with some of the Benalla mob who are coming to compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment