The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday...13 March 2011

Yesterday I went to watch the State CFA competition and to meet with my foster sister and her family. Was lovely to see them, and to watch the Benalla team competing. It was interesting to watch the events and know that while the competitors were having fun and trying to win, they were actually honing skills which one day may be needed to help you or me in an emergency. They were an awesome sight.
Was going back again today but got a bit sidetracked. I will definately make it there tomorrow for the last day of the three day competition.
Today, I spent the morning setting a batch of beef jerky to drying and did a spot of house work, then we went to visit my younger brother at his weekend job being a DJ at the local community radio station (KLFM, 96.5 Bendigo). Fascinating place. It is housed in an unused railway station (which is heritage listed), so every so often the trains come thundering past. He works an 8 hour shift, the first three being country and western and the last five being easy listening requests. That phone keeps him busy and it is fun to see what people request.

My Brother, the radio DJ
I spent most of the afternoon watching him work and chatting while Keith went on to visit a mate that he did his apprenticeship with way back when it was still possible to leave your front doors open and your cars unlocked.
Tomorrow I will go back to the CFA comp to spend more time with them before they finish up just after lunch and return to their home towns.  I have also been invited to visit the brother again if time permits.
Note to self, moved to Bendigo, it is now raining........hmmmmmmm.........

No comments:

Post a Comment