The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday...29 September 2015

The friend I am visiting has only one serious regret in her life and that is that she never got her drivers licence.  Now her husband is a wonderful fellow but he does get tired of having to stop what he is doing to take her to the shops to fetch the groceries she needs to provide all this extra yummy food we are all eating. So we have a sort of a deal. When I am in town, he is happy for me to use their car to drive Miss Daisy to the shops. This works well for all of us. I get some much needed driving practice, he can continue doing man "stuff" with Himself and Miss Daisy can shop her little heart out as long as I am available to drive her. We have had some exciting trips to the shops and the markets etc, and it is nice to be able to browse the stores without the men groaning about how long we are taking. Along the way she has learnt some new words to add to her language skills. I am quite vocal with my opinion on the behaviour of the other drivers on the road! Seriously I do wonder how some of them passed their test. They make you wonder if they actually have a licence and while I am not as good as some I can at least park my vehicle properly between the lines of a parking bay.
Yesterday afternoon I wanted to nap but Miss Daisy wanted to shop! Heaving huge sighs of discontent I gave up my nap and took her to the shops. The outcome was a dessert so divine that we made lots of noises while eating it and the visiting dinner guests asked for the recipe! Another gloriously triumphant dinner. The main was Roast Pork with all the trimmings and dessert was Tia Maria Chocolate Sauce with Strawberries over Vanilla Ice Cream. Today's lunch was Chicken, Spinach and Feta parcels in Fillo pastry.
Is it any wonder we are in no hurry to hit the road again?


No comments:

Post a Comment