The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday...27 January 2015

Yesterday we took the new grandchild on her first ever road trip. What a trooper! She slept the entire two and a half hours there, smiled, laughed and gooed on cue to all she met and then slept the whole way home again. She was 12 weeks old yesterday so we are all very proud and pleased with her.
We, (daughter, partner, baby and myself), travelled back to the town I grew up in to show off baby and to visit with some of my family. We were given a wonderfully warm welcome and that was followed by a very tasty lunch. Loved hearing the sound of chatter around the table as we all gathered to eat. It is always great to see the old folk again and to reminisce of days gone past with the siblings.
Here is a picture of baby with her great grandmother.


All sorts of information comes out of the archives of our collective memories at these gatherings.
One of yesterdays conversations centred on my name. My daughter commented that this mob were calling me by a version of it that she had never heard me called before. Now a name is a very personal thing, it identifies to the world just who the soul inhabiting that particular body is. While my name has never actually changed, it has had many versions over the years depending on my age and mental outlook of the time. The version I am now would have been much too harsh for a young child but the one I used then would sound silly on the grandmother I have become. Funny things, names.
On the way home we stopped off  at my sisters place so that she too could meet the new baby. It was a very short stop as somehow time had flown and we were running very late for the trip home. This daylight saving is nasty stuff. We felt like it was still early but in reality it was much later and tiredness had crept upon us unseen. We had been expecting the usual heavy end of holiday traffic but somehow we jagged it for little to no traffic and had a good clean run home.
Today will probably be rest and recovery time. Thank you to the daughter for driving us there and thank you to the family for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment