The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday...31 may 2014

Stones and rocks are interesting. They can be things of beauty such as Uluru, they come in all sizes and shapes. Some are rough and rugged and others smoother than silk. Stones have many uses, whole stones are used as a feature in some of the most amazing gardens, crushed stone is used for many things including the making of our roads, which in our travels have been everything from major motorways and good highways to goat tracks that only a mad man would call a road. Stones have been created over millions of years by the various activities and movement of our lovely planet Earth. They are a wonder of time and motion.
So if it takes millions of years for the earth to make a stone, how does the human body manage to do the same thing in a much shorter time? Believe me, when the human body makes a stone it is not a thing of beauty nor is having one (or more!) something to be pleased about. The pain caused by stones in a human is indescribable. The intensity is breath taking. Without medical intervention they can be life threatening.
Just before we started our travels, I needed surgery for a 19 mm gallstone. Not a lot of fun.
Last week I thought I had another dose of shingles as the pain was of a similar intensity and in the same area and was excruciatingly persistent. But no, it is only kidney stones. So far I am only producing gravel, but give me time I am sure I can work my way up to another big one. Lucky me. This will make our travels just that little bit more challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment