The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday...16 May 2014

We left Bourke yesterday with plans to go to Cunnamulla for the night, but we got away so early we were in Cunnamulla before lunch and thought we might as well keep going. So here we are 200 km further up the road in Charleville.
On the way up here yesterday we were passed a few times and each time it was a large truck or someone towing a boat. This area of Qld is in severe drought and has been for quite some time and water is in short supply, so seeing so many boats left us wondering if they knew something we didn't. There are lots of clouds in the sky and I have no doubt the locals are hoping they will fall, but it is unlikely. No idea where the boats were headed but it surely was not Charleville. No large bodies of water here. It is showtime in Charleville and I have been told that if I am a good girl I might just get a show bag, lucky me!
We found a caravan park 8 km north of Charleville, lovely and quiet out in the country and the hosts are very welcoming. Happy hour had entertainment from a guitar playing easy listening singer. He did Slim Dusty's song about Charleville of course! Also at happy hour, surprise surprise, was my sisters friends who left Bourke two days ahead of us and are apparently in the same caravan park. They probably think we are stalking them now........
Just before we got to Charleville, about 50 km south, I was looking at something out my side of the car when we hit an unexpectedly rough patch of road, it was so rough it threw me around like a rag doll even though I had my seat belt on. I ended up with a very sore breast from the sting of the seat belt locking. Sore shoulders, very sore neck and a blinding headache. When we got here I needed to lie down and last night I had a bad night tossing and turning trying to get comfortable with my aches and pains. Today I just ache across the shoulders. Note to self: watch the road even if I am not the driver!

1 comment:

  1. Where are you at the moment? Haven't seen anything on your blog for over a week now. I miss your stories of your travels and adventures.

    ReplyDelete