The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wednesday...6 November 2013

Much cooler night last night and a fairly pleasant day today.
Himself went off to look at the Mining Hall of Fame and Museum and the famous Superpit.


I had coffee with his aunt who came over to see the caravan for herself at last. She liked it, she really really liked it!
After a late lunch we took the tour of one of Kalgoorlie's famous Hay Street brothels. This was an entertaining, informative, educational and highly interesting couple of hours. The tour was conducted by the madam herself who has owned the business for 21 years and is very open and encourages questions. During our tour the madam actually turned away people as her little place was too full to fit anyone else in, so there you go, a madam who turned people from the door! Would not have believed it unless I had actually seen it happening.


I would have liked to look to see if I could afford a small gold nugget but by the time we left the brothel  my back was killing me from the long periods of standing and I know I am leaving myself wide open saying it but I could hardly walk and had to forget going shopping! Never mind, maybe we will come back one day and I can get one then.
Tomorrow we head off across the Nullabor. Last time we crossed there was not a lot of mobile reception out there so we may be off air for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment