The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday...11 November 2013

Will I remember them? Too bloody right I will. I will remember every last one of the lousy caravan parks I stay at and I will tell as many people as I can not to go there! 
I am totally fed up with the attitude of some parks to Fifth Wheeler Caravans. Some park operators treat us as a lower class of traveller and they also think we use more of their facilities while we are in their park. We are not always given the warm red carpet welcome that normal caravaners get.
Like caravans there is two of us, we have an electric jug, toaster, microwave and fridge the same as them, in fact they often have more than us as some have inbuilt washing machines and dishwashers etc.  They are welcomed, we are often shunned and given impossible sites.
We were left for more than 7 minutes before being attended to on arrival yesterday, while the female manager took a personal call and got disgruntled when her husband pointed out that she had a customer waiting.
We did mention that last time we were there a particular site had been perfect for us but no, we could not have that one, she said it was booked! We spent the night and all next morning looking at that particular spot, that empty spot, in fact there were several empty spots that would have been much better for us that we were not offered.  Last night we had to shoehorn our van onto a site between two close together trees, making putting out our slides difficult, the site was unlevel and in the back row of the park and the sullage point was blocked. 
Did they care? Of course not! They had their money, our difficulty was of no concern of theirs. We could have left, but most parks have a no refund policy for leaving earlier than booked.
So there you go folks, stay away from the biggest and apparently the best park in Pt Augusta!
This entry has been heavily edited by Himself..........I can sometimes be a little outspoken when I am upset! (I still think my version is more accurate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment