The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday...5 July 2013

Left Derby yesterday and came down to a free camp 120 km south of Broome called Goldwire. We have been here before and for some reason we have internet in the middle of nowhere.  There is a Community down the road a bit so think that explains it!
From here on until we reach firstly Karratha then Carnarvon our reception will be very hit and miss. Coming up next is our favourite nowhere place, Pardoo. Nothing more than a roadhouse with a patch of grass behind it but we like it although it is one of the communication black holes. There is one old fashioned very unloved and abused phone box out front and that my friends is the total capacity for communication in that neck of the woods.
We have managed to chew through our internet allowance for this billing period so not having it will not be much of a bother will it? I understand that Telstra has slowed my connection to zero speed, but I am not happy that they also choose what I can and cannot access while in slow mode. I can have emails and do Google searches and my blog it seems and that is pretty much it. Nothing else will load no matter how patient I am. Do wonder why the current plan has been ok for the past three years but has begun regularly running out before the end of the billing period. We have not altered our behaviour and depending on where we are travelling can be off air for days at a time. Oh well, it is off to the black hole again so Telstra will have to wait until we come out the other side! Sadly I know they will not miss us!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment