The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday...17 July 2012

Hmmm, not a lot happening.
Even though I was up early I missed the excitement on Sunday morning.
Had noticed a fairly heavy fog was blocking my view of the toilet block, but what I completely failed to see was the hot air balloon that passed over our park at low level and having just missed the road beside our park, which is the main highway to Cairns, then landed unexpectedly on the other side of the road.
I know they do an early morning ride which finishes with breakfast at the local tourist information building not far from us but I do not think they actually meant to land that close. Perhaps the fog was not very helpful to their navigation! I wonder, do they use a GPS or do they rely on the pilot having good eyesight to select a safe landing zone? Come to think of it how much control do they have of those things? Time to stop thinking too much, my sister and I are planning a hot air ride for our 90th birthdays. Maybe by then I will be too senile to worry about where and how it will land.......

No comments:

Post a Comment