The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday...1 September

Enjoyed yesterday. Went to sister Elsies house and showed her pictures on my computer of all sorts of stuff including a photo I had of her. Yes folks you can still surprise an old lady! Then we went down to The Strand in Townsville along the beach front and found a nice little bistro place to have lunch. We did have plans to take a walk along the Strand but the wind was blowing a gale and walking was difficult so we gave up that idea and went back to Elsies to have a cuppa and cheesecake.
I know I am going to be hung, drawn and quartered as I never even thought to get the camera out.........
Was lovely to visit with her and I have promised to return within the next twenty years so that she can shout me lunch. Maybe that time I will rememeber to take some pics!!
Today we packed up and began moving towards Mackay. We had been told to check out Dingo Beach and when we saw the sign we turned off the highway, but the next turn was not very well posted and we missed it and could not turn around, so continued and found ourselves half way between Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour in a little place called Airlie Cove. Very pleasant little park. Tomorrow we move on to Mackay.

1 comment: