The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday...30 August

I have had the bestest day. I spent the better part of today with my 82 year old half sister. It was so nice to see her and it was also lovely to see her so sprightly and in total control of her marbles!!! Elsie has always had a special place in the hearts of me and my siblings. Today she kept telling everyone I was her baby sister and I thought she meant because I was part of dads second family, but it seems as the youngest girl in my group I am the baby sister. See I'm special...so special......
Elsie had six children. Sadly one of them died not so long ago (Jeff), but Elsie's eldest son Wayne lives with her and helps look after his mum and drives her to the shops etc since she gave up her licence. Her youngest son Neville dropped into his mum's today and stayed for a cuppa with us. I also met Neville's wife and one of his children.
When we leave here we are going to Mackay to visit with a friend of Keiths,  and guess what? Two more of Elsies kids live in Mackay. Dorothy and Coral. More visiting if I am lucky. The sixth one of the kids is son Chris who is in WA working on the mines somewhere up north......lol
Tomorrow we are going to walk along the Strand here in Townsville and possibly do a spot of lunch there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment