The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday...23 August

Before I forget the name of the beautiful blue butterfly so prevalent up here is the Ulysses Swallowtail.
Went into Cairns today, wandered around for a bit getting the lay of  the place and ended up on the nice new marina development for lunch.  Was lovely sitting on the boardwalk with a gentle breeze blowing watching the roll of the boats at the marina. Followed lunch by going to the main Cairns shopping precinct and celebrated with a hair cut....go me! Not for me the little shops with names like Louis Vitton and Gucci etc.
The trip there and back involved yet more mountains and sharp hair pin bends and kilometre after kilometre of steep windy roads. This time it was only 18kms...lucky me. The entire thing is through rainforest but of course I was too terrified to take my eyes off the road and look and I was not even driving.
We have visitors coming tomorrow (cousin Christine) and plan to finally take the tour of the Mount Uncle Distillery and perhaps do lunch at the same place. Will be lovely to have the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment