The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday...22 June 2015

Blimey it is cold! We do not do Winter as a rule and being this cold for this long is not making me a happy little camper. I still have a cough, food still tastes awful, and worse yet my wine is undrinkable! I wonder how long before my taste buds get back to normal?
It has been bitterly cold overnight and most mornings we get up in a pea soup fog and cannot see the other campers here in the caravan park until mid morning. The days are fine and clear as such but the temperature stays very low (13). I did the washing yesterday and took it straight from the machine to the dryer even though the sun was officially shining. Another lady hung her washing on the line and still had to put it in the dryer after a full day in the sun!
The camp kitchen has a wood heater which is always going and this is a nice place to spend time keeping warm while chatting to other travellers for morning tea of scones with jam and cream supplied by the park managers and again later in the day for happy hour.
Nearly time for us to be on the move again. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment