The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thursday...23 October 2014

First day of harvest today, Himself went to lend a hand. The header mechanic finished the pre season overhaul service yesterday and it was decided that today they would give it a run and start stripping the oats....if the weather held up! Not sure what is happening out the road, but we have had thirty big spots of rain here in town. Mind you that was all we got. Now it is steamy and cloudy but still quite dry.
I have taken the opportunity to give our little house a complete spring clean and tidy up while I  have a clear run at it without Himself getting in my way. I sorted and put all the winter clothes into one of those bags you seal with a vacuum cleaner and they are now tucked away in the under bed storage until they are needed again. I mopped and vacuumed and shook and polished every thing I could reach. I even defrosted the fridge! The smell of a freshly cleaned house is so nice.
When I get my puff back I will cook up a few bits to go in the freezer. Pre cooked meals are a huge help when you are tired from a long days travel. While I have been here, I shared my lemonade scone recipe with Himself's aunt and she liked the results. In return she made a super yummy boiled fruit cake. We are always spoilt when we come to visit.


They saw another snake out at the farm this week. This time it was a big black snake right near the main entry to the aunt's house. It went in under the house so they are hoping it is not planning to stay for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment