The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday...20 April 2014

Easter Sunday
It was 6 degrees this morning and has warmed up to 7 degrees as I sit on top of the heater typing this. AND the Easter bunny did not come. I have searched high and low and even though I can occasionally see bunnies hopping around the camp site, not one single egg is on my doorstep. Oh well. I will just have to eat the one I bought myself earlier in the week!
When Himself crawls out of his nice warm bed, I will have him light the fire in my sisters house. She has one of those lovely wood fire box heaters which, once it gets going, takes five minutes flat to heat her home to open the windows stage. It will be nice to sit in there and read a book which is my plan for today.
Yesterday we went to Benalla to visit my foster parents. They had one of the kids home for Easter and this was mum, dad, three very energetic children and two guinea pigs! The children decided that the guinea pigs should have a holiday too. The visit was noisy, we drank many cups of tea and heard how the old ones were between the needs and squabbles of the children.
Before we left town we went around to one of the foster sisters for a quick hello to her and her husband who is now home following a fairly serious heart attack caused by a 95% blocked artery. Gave us all quite a fright but I bet it scared the daylights out of him too. He initially went to the local hospital where it was confirmed that he was indeed having a heart attack and then he was transferred by ambulance to the bigger regional hospital and the following day he was air lifted by Flying Doctor to the Royal Melbourne Hospital. Quite a journey. We are all very pleased to have him home again.
(Easter bunny update: While I have been typing this, eggs have appeared on the table in the house. The bunny must have just been running late this year.)



No comments:

Post a Comment