The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday...19 August 2013

At last! The new vent arrived from America today so as well as having the roof membrane fixed I now have a new rain sensor vent over the bed. I can now open that vent and not worry about it raining while we are out. It also has a fan so if we are hot we can turn the fan on as well. Wonderful. Just waiting for the fixatives to set then we will turn the hose on and make sure the whole thing is really waterproof and then we can relax and enjoy the weather again. Very pleased.
As well as this the boys have fixed the toilet. Put my foot on the pedal a few nights back and the entire pedal and its fittings fell off the toilet onto the floor. I freaked! A bit of Aussie ingenuity and some loctite and it is functioning again. Mind you if it falls apart again we will need to buy a whole new toilet and they like everything else with the word caravan in the sentence will cost heaps. I do hope it continues to work, I rather like not having to leave the comfort of my little home in the wee small hours of the night when nature calls yells loudly, this is no doubt so that I can hear it even when the hearing aids are resting on the bedside table beside the false teeth in their glass!
The sun came out after three days of cold windy weather and so did some of the wildlife! Here is a picture I borrowed from another web site as our visitor did not stay long enough to pose for the camera, however it was exactly like this one and about three and a half foot long. As well as this visitor we also saw a bob tail lizard.


No comments:

Post a Comment