The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tuesday...1 January 2013

Happy New Year!
Had new year with my sister and we went into town to the local Mardi Gras which was a bit of a fizzer as not many people came and the usual street parade got cancelled for the first time ever. Still we did bump into some people we knew and had a nice chat while watching others try their luck at the crayfish wheel.
Then we went down to one of the local hotels. The last time I was in this particular one was 44 years ago for my sister's wedding reception! The whole time we were there I was looking at people on the next table and kept asking why do they look familiar when I hardly know anyone in this particular town even if it was the one I was born in...Turns out they were Para people! There you go, proof that it really is a small world.
Sister and I are off on the train to Melbourne tomorrow. Top of the list is a look at the Myer Christmas Windows. Then a spot of shopping and a couple of appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment