The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday...23 October 2012

Busy day today.
I was shown how to make marmalade or as it is called here, orange jam!
We carefully picked just the right number of oranges from the tree in the garden then they were washed and dried just like doing the dishes. Then I peeled them with a peeler and the aunt used a sharp knife to cut the pith off them. This was then put into a muslin bag along with the pips when the oranges were cut up ready for cooking. While that was happening I was cutting the peel into fine shreds. Now the whole lot are soaking or resting ready for cooking tomorrow. Making orange marmalade is very labour intensive and time consuming.
Tomorrow we will cook and bottle our orange jam.
Lucky me, I also got zucchini slice baked for my lunch. I love zucchini slice!
Must  have been my day for computers today.
I was asked this morning about USB sticks then this afternoon I was asked to the show the aunt how to copy photos from her camera onto her computer. Then we were able to print a favourite one onto the special paper for transferring to fabric so that she can make a wall hanging as a xmas gift for some lucky person. Then I used the power of the internet to locate information the aunt needed for a problem she has.
The men are still rattling and banging their way to being ready for the harvest. Much angle grinding and welding as they convert an old piece of equipment into something more useful at a fraction of the cost of new stuff. Good work boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment