The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday...23 August 2012

Where do the days go? Nearly the end of the week and I feel like we have only just made camp. When we are in the Townsville area we stay at the Black River Rodeo Ground which is 20km out of town and marketed as an over 50's park. There are no fancy facilities or entertainment or playgrounds for children. What there is, is a lot of quiet! Sometimes a bit surprising as they do allow dogs here but all of them are really well behaved and there is a big enclosed off lead exercise area that other places could do well to copy.
It has been a busy time for us, travelling into town every day to visit my big sister. She is a walking history of our family. It has always been assumed, by me anyway, that our family was of Irish descent. Well guess what? We are Scottish! That seriously threw me for a bit. Then I found out that my dad was one of five children which included a sister and three brothers. I only ever knew about one of his brothers and without asking had assumed that was all there was. Each day I am hearing something new about my family. As soon as we arrive Elsie puts on the kettle, makes a pot of tea and we settle down to chatting. I will miss our chats when it is time for us to move again.
Yesterday another fifth wheeler the same as ours pulled into the park. They are working as they go and have been on the road for nearly a year and have not even made it out of Qld yet! Still it was good to chat to them and they were pleased to find someone to ask all the questions they want answers to. This did not mean we had all the answers, but we are a good starting point now that we are a bit more experienced. Later today we are going down to look at their rig.
Tomorrow Himself is giving the caravan and ute a service and I am spending the day with a friend from the north-west.

1 comment:

  1. and you wonder why I call myself Anglo-Celtic?

    Also, are you aware there is a fairly biggish town in Norway called Lofthus?? Gee, I wonder where the Welsh got the name from.......

    ReplyDelete