The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday...9 October 2011

Tonight I will tell you about the Killer Grasshoppers of Kalbarri!!!
The other day I was playing in the backyard with the previously mentioned long haired daschund belonging to mine hosts. I went a bit too close to one of the bushes in their garden and a massive grasshopper just as big as the ones we used to have up north, jumped out of the bush and landed on my head with the not unexpected screaming and yelling and face slapping and growling by me. I am not very happy when one of them lands on me, for a start the shock is massive and then there is the actual size of the awful things. They hurt when they hit! I put that experience down to myself invading its territory.
Now,  my host owns one of those ebook thingys and generously downloaded the lastest John Grisham novel for me (at a grand cost of A$10!). Bliss, I had a whole book to read by one of my favourite authors and in a format I am most taken with. So there I was sitting outside at the table on their patio enjoying the fresh air and sunshine of Kalbarri, reading my extremely engrossing book, when out of nowhere one of those massive grasshoppers flew at me and landed on my face!. It was so big it fitted from my forehead down to my mouth and had a leg on each of my cheeks. I, of course, screamed blue murder and proceeded with the time honored face slapping and dancing around yelling words like ewww, grrr, yukk.....etc. The damned beast eventually departed, to be blasted into the next world with help from the sole of my hostesses croc sandal.....lol.  There I sat muttering about how dare it scare me and goodness me, fancy it coming from nowhere and landing on my face. Next thing I know, I was dripping blood! The mean spirited beast bit me on the nose and drew blood and its legs scratched my cheek and also drew blood...NOT HAPPY JAN.
Sooooo.....warning Will Robinson....if you go out into the outdoors in Kalbarri at this time of the year beware the dreaded oversized locust type grasshoppers.

1 comment:

  1. funniest thing you've written in a while Ma. Classic

    ReplyDelete