The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday...3 February 2011

Another night of sleeping like a log, very grateful for bed when off visiting but seriously nothing like your own bed no matter where it may be at whatever time of life you are in. Having been treated for a broken/twisted/snagged nerve/arthritis induced  back, I find myself constantly on the watch for anything that may offend my back. One twitch and I am neurotically examining myself and my surrounds for cause and effect scenarios. I do not want to go through that amount of pain again and certainly do not want to have to have that operation again, even if it comes with inbuilt excuses for never ever doing housework again!!!
Up early to watch the news reports on poor old Qld cyclone problems. I do feel for them, one NEVER forgets that particular sound of a jet engine above the house which never arrives but never departs properly either. Many of them will remember that sound for a long long time. And why is it that without fail cyclones always arrive in the middle of the night, making the entire experience ten times worse for the not being able to see what is causing all the rattlling, crashing and banging in the dark around you as you try to be brave for the kids when in actual fact you are in mortal terror for them and yourself of ever seeing daylight again in this life.
My heart goes out to them, the rebuilding will happen eventually, but the sounds will stay in their memories forever.
Spent the day cooking up a storm of my own. Five trays of sausage rolls and a tray of vanilla slice safely in the fridge. This will  help with filling lunch boxes for a day or two I feel. School starts tomorrow in Vic.
Tomorrow the sewing machine is coming out to do a few running repairs both for the daughter and myself. Himself has been making himself useful in all manner of ways at the son-in-laws workplace. Keeps him out of harms way at home... I can be a bit slap happy with a rolling pin!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like cyclones, they are very calming. Do you have any idea how many things have to go right in the atmosphere to get a cyclone? Think of it as Mother Natures way of letting you know that everything is working efficiently in her department.

    ReplyDelete