The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday...22 February 2015

Himself made it to that blasted bridge!


He went up the western side of the mountain via Buchan and after finally reaching the bridge he had to turn around on the other side because of that landslide I mentioned previously and return part of the way back down the road before taking another turn off that took him to Jindabyne on the NSW side of the Snowy Mountains Scheme.


The return trip was Jindabyne to Bombala and on to Orbost. The round trip was 561 km and included lots more goat track gravel roads and it took him 11 hours.
He says we have to shave an hour off that time as he lost an hour helping a farmer who had bogged his truck find a neighbour to lend him a tractor to pull it out. The farmer had hoped Himself would use our vehicle to pull the truck from the bog but it was a large truck and good as it is he did not want ours to end up bogged as well.
I stayed back in camp to read a book and fix bits of the blog that I broke some time ago, while he twisted his way up and over the mountain, the scenery is spectacular but once was enough for me. I was not about to rush into a second dose of the giddies.
Today's excitement was a red bellied black snake near the toilet block. That kept the ladies on their toes!


3 comments:

  1. Have you fixed the blog now???
    Glad at least one of you got to see the famous bridge.
    John and I saw it quite a few years ago, Had a picnic there.
    love Toni and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I have fixed it but I have my fingers tightly crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete