The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday...3 June 2013

I take my hat off to all those who live full time in the Top End. It is definitely not for me.
At this time of the year, Darwin with a slight breeze blowing is a lovely place. It is cooler without being cold and warm without being too hot or muggy. Every time I sit outside to enjoy the breeze, every insect for miles around comes to chew my tasty skin! Yesterday even the green ants tried to get in on the fun. I am covered in itchy bites. Time to find the antihistamines!
We went into town to the Mindl Markets last night. It is always good to see these markets. I like to find a spot to sit and just watch the mix of people that come and go past me. After a few visits the stalls feel a bit stale but the sheer number of them is astounding and the array of food stalls certainly get the taste buds doing overtime.


On Thursday we had tea with Himself's sister and then on Friday we met her for lunch and on Saturday she had us over for a bbq with some of her family. Yesterday we popped in for a short visit on our way to the markets and watched a bit of AFL on the television with them. Himself's mob really like their football.

No comments:

Post a Comment