The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday.. 25 June 2012

Catch up time.
I left our little wagon way back in Alice Springs and flew to Perth for a month to help one of the kids who had a big back operation.
Himself continued the trek as a solo traveller while I was gone and did a spot of fishing and then last night I flew to Cairns to join up with him again.
I got the red eye and landed in Cairns at 4.15am this morning. Himself met me and we drove the 62kms back to Mareeba over the nasty nasty mountain in the dark. I thought it was terrifying but much better than when we did it several times before in daylight!
To add to my terror we had no sooner got off the mountain than we ran into a pea soup fog!  Couldn't even read the sign-age on the road side. But I did notice kangaroo warnings. I put my faith in the idea that the kangaroos in the district would be hiding under a tree in such a heavy fog.  Yeah I know I was probably wrong but it made me feel better especially when it was sometimes hard to see the road even with the fluorescent orange and red  fog dots embedded in the bitumen to show the way. That fog was so thick the oncoming truck lights barely cut through it. No glare for us as they passed. Been quite a while since we have seen heavy fog like that.
So here I am back in my little wagon and it is nice to be 'home'. Himself was not jumping through hoops but I think he is pleased to have me back. He probably liked not having to cook his own tea today!
The ailing child is on the mend and pain free at last after so long in so much pain. 
It is always rewarding to be able to help when needed and it was nice to spend time with her and her wonderfully supportive husband.
My thanks to the friends and family in Perth who helped me and our daughter while I was there. 
I came home loaded up with our mail. So different reading it while it is still fresh. Many thanks to the daughter who collects our mail while we are away and forwards it by the bag full to where ever we happen to stop long enough to collect it.
Special mention to Cindy 2 for going above and beyond and being a darn good cook and to Bruce who came when called and even came back again without being asked. 
I got into bed when I got home this morning and took forever to get to sleep even though I was asleep on my feet but you see that was exactly my problem, I was missing the weight that usually slept on my feet in Perth! Missing you Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment