The Journey Continues...

The Journey Continues...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday...24 May 2012

Happy Birthday to my sister.

Finally back on line after a two day outage at Kings Canyon. 
Was a bit surprised as we had total coverage at Ayers Rock and although Kings Canyon is 300kms away it is as popular and the resort is on the same level so expected everything including mobile coverage to be the same. Nope. Not even television. Two days of silence!
Yesterday we did the Kings Canyon Rim Walk.
It is a 6km trek up and around the canyon. Getting started is hard work as it is fairly steep to begin with. Much huff and puff and lots of stopping to admire the view (that is shorthand for me catching my breath). It took us nearly 5 hours which is a bit longer than the 3.5hours they suggest the walk will take but we took our time and really enjoyed ourselves.
We walked with another couple and that added another element to the experience. All of us were a bit sore and I personally was staggering by the time we reached the carpark again.
There was so much to see it is hard to pick a particular part to mention.

Today we moved to Alice Springs. I seem to have developed a bit of a cough. Probably just my lungs unable to cope with all that fresh air on top of the canyon. The bonus for Himself is that by tomorrow I probably will not have a voice at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment